Our client is one of the largest importer & producers of shrimp, mussels, lobsters, crab and finfish. They produce over a 100 million lbs. of finished seafood products annually.
Job Type: Full-time
This role is responsible for planning and executing transportation services from vendor shipping to stores and to third-party cross-dock facilities, ensuring ontime delivery at an appropriate cost and service level.
- Plan and tender refrigerated loads to carrier base.
- Ensure that all loads are covered in a timely manner.
- Perform inbound load planning activities through consolidation of purchase orders, routing and carrier selection to meet service expectations for freight type and delivery date.
- Track loads to ensure on-time delivery and proactively communicate potential delivery delays to stores/buyers/management.
- Proactively resolve urgent customer situations related to product delivery.
- Identify and select the best mode of transportation to reduce costs.
- Work with carriers to ensure accuracy of freight bills.
- Develop relationships with current and new carriers and continually negotiate competitive rates with entire carrier pool.
- Work directly with buying department to improve load profitability.
- Provide "out of office" coverage for other load planners as necessary.
- Follow policies and procedures put in place by management.
- Possess the ability to act equally well in the role of team leader, team member, or facilitator.
- Participate in special projects to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage key carrier metrics. .
- Assess service issues and provide root cause analysis to resolve chronic problems (either internal or external).
- Anticipate and proactively communicate delivery issues to customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain/Logistics, or similar work experience.
- Knowledge of FMCSA regulations.
- Experience working with TMS systems.
- HOS regulations.
- High level of Microsoft Office software knowledge.
- Maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Extremely effective with communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Temperature-controlled, Refrigerated Production, Refrigerated Storage, Refrigerated Distribution, Temperature Range, Frozen, Shelf Life, Fresh, Cool Cargo, Cargo, Perishable, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC