Our client is a privately held and operated third party logistics operation. They are a leading nationwide provider of solutions for transportation and logistics and have grown into one of the finest transportation companies in the US. The majority of their business is related to rail, intermodal and container movement and they own their own containers. Our client has a small and growing OTR truck brokerage business and this is another area of focus for company growth. As a nationally recognized award-winning company, our client is the clear choice for Rock Solid results.
Logistics Sales Executive
The Logistics Sales Executive will serve as an integral piece of our client’s brokerage division. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates that have previous brokerage sales experience with strong Truckload – Dry and Refrigerated, Flatbed/Specialized, LTL, Drayage, Expedited, and/or Intermodal knowledge. This role would be a combination of an Inside/Outside Sales (80/20) professional. The ideal candidate for this position will have 5 or more years of sales experience working for a 3PL or asset based logistics provider. This person should be highly organized and attentive to detail. The ideal candidate will understand the logistics challenges in the corresponding market (includes both commercial and government markets) and be familiar with selling in this market. The qualified candidate will be entrepreneurial and should work well outside of the traditional office structure. The below is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
- Develop account relationships with contacts at multiple levels within customer organization via calling and face-to-face visits.
- Identify opportunities to further penetrate accounts by selling a large service portfolio.
- Design solutions and help customers solve their supply challenges through face-to-face interaction with accounts.
- Prepare pricing options and receive support from the account leadership team.
- Identify issues, seek input from others to determine best course of action and implement solutions.
- Identify and sell both transactional and contractual pricing models.
- Work regularly with pricing and operations departments.
- Manage customer expectations through the creation and utilization of account metrics.
- Promote and display our client’s Core Values.
- Regular and reliable attendance expected.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics or related field experience preferred
- 5+ years of Freight Brokerage sales experience, or working for a 3PL or asset-based logistics provider
- Possess an entrepreneurial attitude, competitive spirit, and leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills (Carrier, Customer and Margin Integrity)
- Ability to work independently and as a team • Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and time management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC