Our client is a relatively new player as a North American truckload carrier but has a life-time of experience in the transportation industry. Their background as a semi-truck retailer continues and is interwoven into their trucking operation. Their unique approach gives them an excellent advantage over other carriers with an extensive fleet comprised of only brand new equipment. That translates to less maintenance costs, virtually no downtime and excellent on-time performance for their truckload clientele.
Job Type: Full-time
Logistics Sales Executive
Our client’s team in Warrenville, IL is growing, and they are looking for a Sales Executive to help them build their footprint in the U.S. Our client is a small growing team with experience at “the big brokers” and have created a unique environment that is based on hustle and respect. As a Sales Account Manager, you will directly generate revenue and drive new business by managing your sales funnel, building relationships, presenting recommendations for supply chain improvements, and closing sales. You will also work collaboratively with internal personnel and management to operationally support the customers you bring to the organization.
- Help to grow the U.S. logistics team through strong customer service and business development.
- Manage a book of business and be held accountable for continued growth.
- Calculate and deliver rates to customers and appropriately add margin.
- Collaborate with operations to ensure freight is being serviced according to plan.
- Maintain firm in negotiations and know how to manage both customer and carrier relationships.
- Develop deep relationships with existing clients and maximize our client’s potential to expand their service offerings to meet client needs.
- Experience in transportation sales, account management and operations.
- Sales acumen and experience managing freight across multiple technology platforms (DAT, Zoominfo, LinkedIn, Sales Force).
- The drive to be successful, be a leader.
- High energy, persistent, competitive and feel energized when you see results.
- Strong book of business or loyal customer base.
- Dedicated to service and do not shy away from difficult conversations.
- Self-starter who seeks to make an impact with your work.
- You run to problems, not away from them. Meaning you are looking to create awareness and work as a partner with your customers and carriers to craft solutions.
- Act as a player/coach and are comfortable in leading by example as our team continues to grow.
- A professional who is optimistic about their ability to inspire change.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer