Logistics Sales Executive
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client has created a one of a kind logistics experience for both their shipper and carrier partners. Their systems operate in real time using artificial intelligence-powered algorithms, offering a collaborative network platform allowing all parties involved in a shipment to avoid chaos. Their industry-experienced team members provide dedicated around the clock customer service, capacity and support, meeting your supply chain or drivers’ needs. They are the first fully transparent logistics provider that is truly technology-driven and people-centric.
Job Type: Full-time
Logistics Sales Executive
After a 2-week training program with the founding sales team you will take complete ownership of building your own “book” with new and/or existing shipper partners. You will represent our client as the main point of contact. This role will be responsible for building trust, selling our client’s technology and carrier capacity, and identifying opportunities for new and continued partnerships with shippers nationwide. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter, well-organized, and is a true hunter. This is a high-impact role for our client and the success of this particular role will have a material impact on their business and their future growth.
- Make calls and set up meetings to establish relationships and build your book of business from the ground up.
- Negotiate pricing with shippers and carriers.
- Sell and close new and existing shipper partners to move their freight.
- Identify opportunities to improve our client’s offering, value proposition, and sales cadence.
- Identify and build new sales processes.
- Work directly with our client’s founding sales team to ensure alignment and success of new accounts and your personal success.
- Manage daily shipments, resolve issues, and ensure pickup and delivery is on time 24/7/365.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, conferences, and industry events.
- Travel for client meetings and engagements.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience at a logistics firm.
- Proven track record of managing accounts and being a high performer.
- Experience in managing high volume and multi-faceted accounts.
- Strong writing and speaking skills.
- The ability to work with the latest technologies.
- An obsession for great customer service.
- The ability to balance attention to detail with rapid execution.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.