Our client is a premier Third-Party Logistics company (3PL) that provides personalized supply chain solutions with an asset-based dedicated fleet, warehousing and distribution services, and nationwide multi-modal freight brokerage. Founded in 1999, they operate daily throughout the U.S. and proudly offers unparalleled service backed by its strong family values and work ethic.
Job Type: Full-time
Logistics Pricing Manager:
This position will build a Pricing Team to process and provide modal analytical responses as they relate to new or existing business opportunities. This role will work in conjunction with the in-office and remote network of leadership, procurement and sales to coordinate the most competitive solution in meeting the needs of customers. This position requires a comfortability in managing and prioritizing competing workload initiatives depending on the time of year and where business support is needed. The result of their work is a more efficient non-asset and asset-lite network for our client’s operations, & executable solutions for customers. This role will act as an owner for each opportunity as it relates to pricing and/or network optimization of the INC (Integrated National Capacity) Division of our client’s company. This role will directly report to the Sr. VP and VP of Sales.
- Manage, complete, and respond to RFPs in accordance with assigned due dates or service level agreements for new and existing customers in a specific mode, product, or trade lane.
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization to identify best practices for continuous improvement of our client’s network and pricing quality, leading to more favorable win ratios.
- Make strategic recommendations to leadership to strengthen network optimization.
- Understand, utilize and constantly optimize the various pricing and asset optimization tools available.
- Assess data from a variety of sources and use it to derive insights while generating pricing strategies and future trends.
- Ensure compliance with customer operational policies prior to pricing business.
- Provide notes on every pricing activity, logging how the pricing was compiled to effectively communicate that information to relevant operations staff upon award.
- Monitor and report back to executive leadership monthly progress towards assigned goals and KPIs.
- Understand and optimize modal yield strategy & modal assessorial fees.
- Develop relationships with existing suppliers while finding new suppliers who can meet our client’s needs more effectively and efficiently.
- Daily audit and preparation of asset cost accruals at shipment level; allowing for financial reconciliation.
- Use a variety of statistical modeling methods to prepare reports displaying potential impact of pricing or asset utilization strategies, including their effect on margins, costs, and sales outcomes.
- Analyze load level and complex data to drive accurate cost allocation for Asset-Lite Division.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of professional logistics experience required, specific to pricing and analytics management.
- Experience with supply chain, warehouse or transportation services required.
- Ability to think analytically and interpret data to make fact-based decisions or recommendations.
- Ability to evaluate existing processes, identify improvements and implement improved methods.
- Advanced technology understanding and competency in asset management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Understands the core procurement influencers (Service, Speed, Price).
- Experience in data analysis. Knowledge of SQL, Power BI (PowerPivot, Power Query, and Desktop).
- Ability to take ambiguous or incomplete information (data, process, event timelines) and turn said situations into actionable and tangible results.
- Highly motivated individual with ability to work and think independently, while still being part of a team.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing