Logistics Network Engineer
City & State:
Van Buren, AR
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Managed Transportation, Engineering, Asset
Our client is an asset and non-asset-based brokerage specializing in full truckload shipments and they are committed to providing top quality service at a competitive price. They are quickly expanding and looking for talented individuals that understand industry strategies and engage with customers and carriers as they grow out their 3PL
Logistics Network Engineer
The Logistics Network Engineer will be responsible for developing and
optimizing the Company’s network. Duties include partnering with Senior Management to help develop a strategy that focuses on the improvement of our networks’ asset utilization and cost while defining best solutions and quality revenue growth. They must continually monitor the network, run optimization scenarios and make the appropriate recommendations to improve network assets and capacity utilization. This position will be
accountable for ensuring overall network utilization for both the contractor fleet as well as company owned assets. They will work collaboratively with several areas of the organization to include: Asset Team, Managed Freight, and Carrier Development.
Job Type: Full-time
- Analyze current network and identify areas for improvement in both rates and design
- Work closely with Sales Managers to strategically improve our customer freight base
- Create P&L statements for Facilities and Contractor driver boards
- Maintain costing, pricing and modeling tools
- Create and manage customer, lane and market profitability tools
- Create and manage necessary reporting for management team
- Create and manage solicitation and network balance tools
- Perform monthly deep dives on bottom 1/3 of customers and markets to create yield improvement plans
- Develop subject matter expertise through external research, benchmarking and analyzing cost drivers. Provide market intelligence and price trends. Develop deep understanding where our risks and opportunities exist.
- Provide rigorous analysis of market trends and dynamics to insure the proper adjustments are being implemented to optimize our network.
- Monitor and update Distribution units and clients on key regulatory, judicial and industry issues and decisions that affect the transportation industry.
- Work with Sales and Pricing teams to establish go to market strategy
- Work with outside vendors and internal resources to insure we have the most up to date technology for costing, analyzing, and pricing the network
- Initiate and manage network bid process
- Highly analytical
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Tableau, SQL, VBA is a plus.
- College degree plus 2 or more years of transportation experience or equivalent relevant experience; Industrial Engineering, Logistics Engineering, or Operations Research Degree strongly preferred
- Strategic thinking with ability to focus on complex network requirements
- Demonstrated capability to operate transportation network optimization tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team to find the best solutions
- Highly objective in giving guidance on revenue management
- Able to work with upper-management and give strategic feedback in order to enhance utilization
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics