With 20 years of experience in the international logistics industry, our client focuses on cross-border logistics. Their main business includes FBA prep services and overseas warehouse fulfillment service. They have provided logistics solutions for over a thousand Amazon sellers, and obtained consistent high praise from clients, becoming a reputational logistics enterprise.
Job Type: Full-time
This position will be responsible for coordinating the inbound and outbound logistics across our client’s multiple fulfillment centers. This role also will work closely with carrier partners to ensure service level requirements are met. This role will also need to work closely with the warehouse teams including inventory and receiving to ensure timely shipments and delivery of all freight throughout the network and facilities. This role will help develop and optimize the supply chain to create meaningful improvement and optimization.
- Manage all aspects of transportation including inbound logistics, internal transfers, and outbound shipping.
- Oversee the inventory, shipping, and receiving teams within the network to ensure SLA and compliance (with a focus on key performance indicators including carrier first scan, delivery success rate, and expected delivery date).
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle to ensure PO’s are scheduled timely for inbound receipt and carriers are dispatched on time and all orders are sorted and delivered accurately based on their ship method.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all key carriers to negotiate small parcel, LTL, FTL for best rates, pull times, delivery expectations, as well as route/lane optimization.
- Review daily pallet counts and maintain open communication with carriers for any surge volume ensuring capacity demands are met.
- Prepare bills of lading for transfer trailers, carrier pick ups & LTL/FTL shipments.
- Conduct data analysis on delivery delays, damage in transit, missed KPI and customer satisfaction.
- Frequently brief and schedule critical meetings with leadership, supply chain (sourcing and suppliers), and customers.
- Maintain logistics database to ensure all records are up to date and accurate.
- Complete any other ad hoc tasks as reasonably requested.
- Create cost-savings initiatives to improve the operational and cost performance of our client’s transportation models.
- Analyze lane and vendor data to identify opportunities areas within our client’s supply chain and lead cost-effective and practical solutions.
- Coordinate and work across internal business functions to investigate and analyze how logistics costs flow through our client’s organization.
- Gather and identify opportunities for process optimization with the logistics & supply chain.
- Prepare, present and analyze daily, weekly, and month reporting around key metrics to create solutions to drive down costs.
- Create new ideas and projects to improve the performance of the department.
- Help in identifying root causes supported by data within the supply chain and recommend solutions and present results using data.
- BA / BS Degree required (preference in Supply Chain Management).
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Logistics Manager or Supply Chain Analyst or a similar role.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese.
- Prior experience building SOPs and coordinating communication across different functions of the supply chain.
- Prior experience in financial reporting.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High attention to detail / accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite of products.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound, Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging Management, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management