Our client is a full service, light asset logistics provider with offices across the US. They handle every type of surface freight transportation across North America, with a focus on freight management, job site deliveries, expedited and heavy haul - the bigger the better. Their growing network of agents and proprietary TMS are the keys to their continued success.
Logistics Business Development Representative
As a Business Development Representative, your role will be focused on creating new business while also ensuring that all aspects of product movement and distribution are met in order to satisfy the customer’s needs. Your main role is to build a positive and lasting relationship with clients/customers, sell our client’s freight services, provide accurate and competitive pricing and monitor deliveries and all other operational functions associated with your client’s needs.
- Contact current and prospective customers daily for any new opportunities.
- Build loads/quotes into proprietary software system.
- Respond quickly to quotes and opportunities.
- Cover loads and help out other team members if directed.
- Coordinate shipment and delivery appointments.
- Advise customer of shipment status during transit.
- Resolve any scheduling conflicts that occur.
- Validate shipment pricing prior to invoicing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Business degree preferred.
- Logistics knowledge preferred but not required.
- 1-2 sales experience preferred.
- High energy and have a positive attitude at all times.
- Have a high competitive nature and thrive on making money.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must have willingness to put in extra hours if needed.
- Must have strong communication/ social skills.
- Must have attention to detail and great follow-up skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload