Our client is a premier transportation and logistics provider, specializing in hauling time sensitive refrigerated produce, with the use of state-of-the-art equipment. They have offices in six North American cities. By combining their intimate knowledge of agriculture and handling produce, they have developed a reputation as the carrier that knows how to do it right, every time.
Logistics Account Manager (Cradle to Grave):
This position is for aspiring sales professionals with a strong drive to succeed. This individual will be provided with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform successfully and grow professionally. With guided training and mentoring, you will learn all facets of the transportation and logistics industry and develop a strong set of skills to surpass competition. With newly gained knowledge and confidence, you will implement the company’s business methodologies in pursuing clients and successfully managing the transit of customer goods. The succession of personal account responsibilities and building clientele will allow for the opportunity of growth within the company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Build a portfolio of clients by actively researching and seeking out prospects.
- Act as the liaison between clients, carriers, shippers, and receivers.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients by providing them with excellent customer service.
- Negotiate rates with clients and carriers.
- Freight management; ensuring that customer goods are picked up and delivered on time, to the client’s satisfaction.
- Locate carriers for negotiated loads.
- Communicate daily with customers, carriers, and team members.
- Proactively identify and solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales Management, Supply Chain and Logistics, Marketing or other related field of Business is strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must be detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Must embody a strong work ethic and desire to learn new sales techniques and strategies in a fast-paced environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload