Logistics Account Manager
City & State:
Grand Rapids, MI
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a premier non-asset-based logistics provider based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. They specialize in providing customized, cost-cutting transportation solutions to manufacturers and distributors across North America. They have invested in state-of-the-art logistics software and have developed relationships with the nation’s most highly rated carriers allowing them to bring businesses the best service, the best rates, and the most versatile trucking solutions all the time.
Logistics Account Manager
As a Logistics Account Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring day to day operations of accounts making sure customer accounts run smoothly. You will foster close relationships and develop opportunities with new and existing customers while maintaining an overall positive client experience. Collaborate with carrier sales teams to strengthen processes, manage performance expectations through customer account metrics, serve as a direct contact between your client, carrier shipper, receiver to facilitate on time pickup and delivery.
- Acquire and develop new customers through cold calling, networking, and social media resources.
- Develop and grow existing accounts.
- Learn and become proficient in our client’s transportation management system.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of logistical and practical problems.
- Provide pricing and market analysis to your customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years of transportation experience required.
- Must possess a keen understanding of customer/supplier relationships and deliver superior customer service.
- Self-motivated with a desire to see a job to its completion.
- A desire for personal growth and achievement.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Confidence to take independent action and ability to assess risk.
- Function efficiently and comfortably with all levels within a company.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- A strong desire to advance within the company based on achievement.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC