Our client opened in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Seattle, Washington in 1986. Since its inception, they have been selective in locations with strategic niches with their client partners. They take pride in valuing their employees. Their employees take pride in their company and their professionalism is the cornerstone offering to their clientele.
Customs Brokerage Supervisor:
This role will monitor work in the CHB department to ensure that CBP and other agency regulations are met consistently by all local CHB personnel. This role will support clients and staff with classification guidance and develop compliance tools and operational assistance. This role will issue post entry petitions, protests, and other correspondence to Customs or approve petitions made by other employees. This role will also monitor and review Customs Rejects, CF28, CF29 and other correspondence from Customs. This role will also be responsible for conducting employee compliance training, and monitoring and following up on reports as assigned by the V.P., CHB Services.
Job Type: Full-time
- Conduct regular spot file audits in both CHB and CFS and address issues found.
- Conduct ongoing employee compliance training.
- Provide classification and entry assistance to clients and employees as requested.
- Consult on other compliance issues with clients and employees as needed.
- Develop client HTS lists, SOPs and other tools to increase compliance and efficiency.
- Introduce employees to new developments at CBP or other agencies, and conduct appropriate training.
- Fill in for absent employees when needed.
- Provide CHB services to assigned client list, walk-in customers, or for unusual/ extraordinary entries.
- Support and actively comply with the security duties and responsibilities described the C-TPAT Security Program.
- Monitor and follow up on reports as assigned by the V.P. CHB Services.
- Assist the manager in the supervision of employees in the CHB department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Train employees, review files for compliance and profitability, appraise performance, address complaints and resolve problems.
- Additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Current, valid Customs Broker License required.
- High school diploma.
- Three years experience in a customs brokerage office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Basic mathematical ability including computation of duties, distances and time, conversion of weights and measures, conversions of currencies.
- Requires high level of energy, attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and duties of different importance, multi-tasking.
- Basic user knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT