Our client is the only technology company that connects brands with consumers through an all-in-one integrated subscription platform for physical goods together with technology enabled direct to consumer physical goods fulfillment. This enables their customers to build brand loyalty and grow their businesses while inspiring a sense of belonging in all of their customers. Headquartered in Silicon Beach, they focus on physical goods memberships, subscription and direct to consumer order fulfillment services in the health and beauty segment. Their software solutions and technology enabled services enable great brands and passionate entrepreneurs the ability to sell physical goods directly to consumers while providing 100% access to real-time data and deep customer insights and access to otherwise unattainable delivery postage rates. Easy. Fast. Transparent. They are the enablers of selling direct. Now, more than ever, selling direct, creating recurring revenue, cultivating forever members, and taking control of your customer data and insights is critical to protecting and growing your brand.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
IT Operations and Fulfillment Systems Lead (Remote)
This role will help transform and modernize our client’s fulfillment and warehouse systems with automation and digitalization. This role will be responsible for fulfillment and warehousing technology end-to-end and will partner with operations business leaders to align with DTC and B2B business objectives, work with fulfillment and warehouse SMEs, advise and collaborate with the technology teams on new solutions and interfaces, and guide system support engineers. This individual will provide technical leadership within the WMS (Warehouse Management Systems), WCS (Warehouse Control Systems), WES (Warehouse Execution Systems) applications, system interfaces and data integration design, and supporting the modernization of fulfillment and shipping objectives.
- Lead the support and maintenance of warehouse and fulfillment systems and appropriately escalates system issues to their support teams to resolve issues and meet client SLAs.
- Provide strong technical knowledge and experience commissioning, deploying and maintaining specialized fulfillment and warehousing devices and equipment.
- Provide strong technical knowledge and experience developing, commissioning, or deploying WMS/WCS/WES systems and proprietary turnkey system solutions in production fulfillment centers.
- Champion and drive innovative and automated solutions in the fulfillment centers to decrease costs and increase shipment velocity.
- Assist with the development of new capabilities, technologies, and prototypes into a production environment.
- Drive integration between WMS, WCS, WES systems, proprietary turnkey solutions, and collaborate with stakeholders and vendors to deliver support and enhancements to meet the goals of the fulfillment team.
- Assist and advise in the architecture, testing, development, and deployment of new warehouse and fulfillment related applications, interfaces, and enhancements.
- Provide technical knowledge of data and application integration techniques in warehouse and fulfillment systems.
- Work with our clients’ technology teams providing technical insight into their fulfillment integration APIs and fulfillment processes.
- Enforce change management practices to provide the necessary governance around the software/application changes.
- Oversee all warehouse-specific configurations of WMS and other ancillary applications.
- Perform advanced configuration of the WMS and lead company initiatives to improve WMS functionality.
- Help troubleshoot complex systems from a multidisciplinary (hardware and software) perspective.
- Understand the data models and data integration points of WMS and other ancillary applications and work with data architecture team to help design data models to capture WMS material configuration information.
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems and identify gaps and provide technical expertise in business requirements for system functional specifications, processes, and procedures in a cost-effective manner.
- Assist business units in As-Is/To-Be business processing modeling and BPA (Business Process Automation) endeavors.
- Lead out-of-process requests such as emergency shipments, by understanding warehouse activities, dependencies and knowing which system processes to execute.
- 10+ years of experience with managing production WMS packages from companies such as Manhattan Associates, JDA/Blue Yonder, SAP, and others.
- 5+ years of experience with automation technologies such as PTL (Pick-To-Light), PTV (Pick-To-Voice), inline print and apply, inline scales/scanners along with WCS providing interface between WMS and order fulfillment systems.
- 5+ years of SQL/relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and/or software engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of application integration techniques and software such as such as REST APIs, integration middleware (MuleSoft, Tibco, Magic) and ETL packages (Informatica, Stich, AWS Glue).
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of warehouse and fulfillment management systems and their relationships with the ERP and other applications.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures including inventory control, wave picking, cluster picking, zone picking and B2B such as EDI/ASN transactions.
- Detail oriented and ability to organize multiple tasks/project deliverables.
- Must have an excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage the IT needs of a production support environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics, EDI, WMS, TMS, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Applications, Apps, Implementation, Tech, Hardware, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC