Our client, based in the Columbus, Ohio area since 1981, is an established wholesaler of new and remanufactured transmission parts to businesses who do auto repairs for their customers.
The Inventory Analyst will report to the President of the company and have direct responsibilities for ensuring that inventory performance at all locations meets or exceeds key performance goals. This key position is responsible for a wide variety of functions related to forecasting, lost sales, inventory control and analysis. The individual holding this position must be detailed oriented and possess the ability to analyze data, distribute information and make recommendations to the appropriate individuals. This position requires the individual to work closely with other departments.
Job Type: Full-time
- Build a strong working relationship with location managers in a way that promotes cooperation and communication in the effort to service our client’s customers and improve DC and Branch inventory performance.
- Develop forecast and safety stocks for all locations to help ensure appropriate inventory levels that meet fill rate and turns goals.
- Analyze daily lost sales / backorders, inventory shortages to improve fill rate / service level.
- Develop and manage planning parameters in branches.
- Adjust forecasts and safety stocks appropriately to help improve sales and reduce overstock.
- Provide recommended actions for disposition of overstock inventory.
- Improve inventory accuracy and develop a cycle counting process across all locations.
- Responsible for company-wide annual physical inventory.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly performance reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree BA/BS from an accredited institution with concentration in a business-related discipline
- 3-5 years of work experience in Inventory management
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter – ability to initiate and execute with limited assistance
- Effective writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Assertive, analytical problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- ERP software experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC