International Transportation Account Manager
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Supply Chain, Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions), IT (Information Technology)
Our client specializes in data analytics relative to transportation. Their capabilities span across all modes of transportation; Full Truckload, Less than Truckload, Ocean Freight, Air Freight, Intermodal, Parcel and Courier. Their clients rely on accurate data and modeling to drive business decisions and outcomes. As a global leader in logistics analytics in conjunction with their proprietary analytical software, our client is able to develop a total logistics model that is customized according to the needs of each company and the companies’ clients. They have devised a strategy that will enable them to capture every aspect of a company's supply chain.
Job Type: Full-Time
International Transportation Account Manager:
The International Transportation Account Manager is a key role within the organization and is responsible for successfully supporting various global clients. This role will consist of managing day to day account activities and working with internal partners to ensure client expectations are met. These duties consist of providing supply chain visibility and analytical solutions specific to each client’s needs, as well as coordinating the implementation of supply-chain related projects. The International Transportation Account Manager will be part of a team of Account Managers and Senior Account Managers, reporting into the VP of Client Relations, and should keep the team informed of key account milestones, project timelines and roadblocks. The ideal candidate will bring a positive attitude, possess extensive supply-chain and logistics knowledge, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships at all levels of the client’s organization.
- Work within dynamic teams comprised of internal and external stakeholders utilizing multiple resources to achieve client and company solutions objectives.
- Gather substantial intel on the client’s organization to gain a complete understanding of their supply-chain.
- Own the client account planning process and lifecycle management, to include quarterly business reviews and consistent touch points.
- Understand and translate all analyses and project work into client-facing results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- 2-3+ years of experience in Account OR Project Management.
- 3-4+ years Supply-Chain, Logistics & Transportation experience.
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on multi-tasking and project management.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general industry documentation/communications.
- Demonstrate strong initiative, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate time management skills, proven ability to prioritize and plan work, set goals and objectives through the development of achievable plans.
- Demonstrate ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas, display original thinking and creativity while generating opportunities and recommendations for improvement.
- Advanced computer skills, including full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills with emphasis on multi-tasking.
- 10% travel.
This position offers a competitive base salary.