Our client was formed in 2016 when a group of financial, technology, and logistics industry professionals, each deeply dedicated to customer service, came together with aggressive growth plans and strong financial backing to acquire a 30+ year legacy company. Though their Texas roots run deep, they have customers in almost every U.S. state as well as overseas, and no location is too remote for their team of dedicated professionals. With state-of-the-art facilities across the nation, including Alliance Ft. Worth (AFW), Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW), El Paso (ELP), Houston (HOU), and Denver (DIA), they handle all of your supply chain logistics needs. They utilize the latest technology to offer their customers premium service at the lowest rates with full visibility throughout the supply chain.
International Logistics Specialist
The International Logistics Specialist will perform duties involving document preparation, data entry, file maintenance, effectively coordinating the Company's International Import & Export Traffic process while fully adhering to Customs regulations. Provide courteous and efficient communication to all customers, and vendors. Conducts business in a manner consistent with the company’s Operating Guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage all aspects of international accounts proactively; not limited to order placement, inventory management and coordinating logistics with minimal errors.
- Handle multiple priorities without losing detail.
- Execute required export documentation for multiple shipments in various stages of completion in a time sensitive environment.
- Confirm incoterms and determine most efficient and economical shipping method.
- Receive customer quotation inquiries and formalize freight quotes based on customer requirements.
- Process export shipments through the software system and generate the pertinent documents.
- Monitor/Track shipment status from origin to destination: pick-up, in-transit, customs clearance, delivery.
- Maintain shipment files for record keeping compliance.
- Coordinate activities with transportation vendors. i.e. trucking, airlines, etc.
- Research and resolve customer problems in a problem/solution manner.
- Timely management of multiple lines of communication between customers and internal parties, maintaining details, and relaying pertinent information to appropriate parties.
- Assist other departments with compliance information and requirements.
- Demonstrate skills to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Work with minimal oversight while effectively managing daily tasks.
- Calculate amounts such as discounts, percentages, and volume.
- Effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, freight forwarders and other employees of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED; 2+ years customer service logistics experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency to read, write and speak fluently in English, another language would be beneficial.
- Experience with MS: Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Basic knowledge of Transportation Management Systems is required.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC