A progressive, award-winning export management company with staff of 60 that has represented prominent U.S. manufacturers internationally since 1947. Headquartered in New York, the firm employs five stand-alone sales groups, each focused on different industries—foodservice, automotive, hardware/lawn & garden, industrial & environmental, and medical—and staffs field sales offices in 11 countries worldwide. The company has been nationally recognized for its success practicing open-book management. As sales intermediaries, our client's staff focuses on delivering great service to its customers, manufacturer clients, and colleagues.
International Traffic Coordinator:
The International Traffic Coordinator position offers an opportunity for a career in international field sales and territory management. Selected candidate would join a staff of veteran traffic professionals and be mentored and supervised by the traffic manager with global responsibility.
Job Type: Full-Time
• Timely & Accurate Freight Quotes.
• Apply Traffic Policies and Procedures
• Preparation of 3 month’s shipment forecast with Inside Sales Teams.
• Review backlog weekly with Inside Sales.
• Work with factories to expedite orders
• Coordination of all freight movements with client and service providers.
• Execution of shipment based on incoterms.
• Follow up with clients to help ensure on-time shipment.
• Verify Shipment Notification and Cargo Tracking are done by administrator for your area.
• Packing of show samples and documentation preparation.
• Execute LCL and FCL ocean freight shipments.
• Verify accurate and timely billing and documentation as required by customer.
• Verify that export documents to a customer by email, fax or DHL by assigned administrator.
• Sales order file maintenance – filing of accounting vouchers and communication as per Traffic Policy & Procedure.
• Ensure closing of order files.
• Monthly review of open claims with Inside Sales. Manager and Traffic Manager.
• Monthly AR review with Inside Sales Manager for resolution of claims.
• Recording claims in Saleslogix.
• Follow great customer service rules for completing claims.
• Monthly backlog review for forecasting.
• Monthly review of Saleslogix ticks for Claim Resolution.
• Monthly MIT with Accounting and Inside Sales.
• Associates degree a must with a concentration in Business Administration.
• Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in International Traffic & Logistics.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer skills – particularly MS Word and Excel.
• Foreign Language skills – Spanish a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments with problem solving skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.