Our client is a woman owned and operated, non-asset based third-party logistics provider located in the greater Pittsburgh area. In addition to being a WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), they are a family run business that specializes in intermodal, less than truckload, full truckload, and specialty services. With a veteran staff and a customer driven mindset, they strive to be solution providers by understanding the complexities of their customers’ business. From the food and beverages that you buy to electronics and other consumer goods, they arrange the transportation of goods throughout North America.
Intermodal Project & Yield Management Specialist
As an Intermodal Project & Yield Management Specialist you will oversee the development of proposals, bids, quotations, RFP responses and/or other documents in response to requests from both incumbent and prospective clients.
Job Type: Full-time
- Serve as the Project Manager in regard to various RFP and other quotation requests
- Partner with internal departments to include sales and operations to develop bid strategy
- Define the scope of where the Company will participate
- Define mark-up/gross profit strategy. For incumbent customers, identify areas where the company can realize improved yield management and increase market share.
- Allocate the appropriate internal resources to ensure all requests are completed accurately and timely
- Drive the project management and capture results utilizing the company’s SAAS bid management tool
- Partner with the Director of Pricing to implement and execute yield management strategies for current business.
- Drive decisions and strategy by utilizing and leveraging reporting & pricing tools, templates and models.
- Interpret pricing and strategy requirements, analyze data and coordinate pricing models.
- Accurately provide quick turnaround on pricing and rate support that is in line with customer’s needs while ensuring maximization of profits.
- Ensure compliance with operational policies prior to pricing business (examples include validating the commodity is not restricted/prohibited, identifying specific geographic areas that are restricted due to embargos, capacity, etc.).
- Communicate and develop a rapport with multiple stakeholders (both external and internal) to include customers, vendors, sales, and account management.
- Collaborate with management and peers to identify best practices to provide continuous improvement in the quality of pricing activities that will lead to improved win ratios and profitability.
- Five years of logistics, customer service, and/or pricing experience. Seeking someone specifically with subject matter expertise in intermodal, with a combination of experience in the areas of pricing, customer service, project management, and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent business experience.
- Finance/accounting background may be advantageous
- Experience managing RFPs/Bids.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical background and reporting capability.
- Must have strong excel skills and the ability to analyze data which will drive business decisions.
- Demonstrated prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without becoming overwhelmed. Adaptable to change and outside of the box thinking, when necessary.
- Experience working with MS Office; including Word, Excel and Outlook. Proficient Microsoft Excel skills are critical for this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Project Planning, Project Deadlines, Budget Management, Vendor Management, PMP, Risk Management, Forecasting, Process Improvement, Analytical, Agile, Executing Plans, Execution Metrics, MS Project, PMP, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC