Our client is an experienced brokerage team offering full truckload, LTL, and intermodal with access to their asset based fleet, as well as 15,000+ partner carriers with all equipment types.
Inside Transportation Sales Representative (Cradle to Grave)
Our client is looking for an experienced Inside Sales Representative to take over all account management responsibilities. A successful candidate will focus on acquiring additional revenue streams from existing clientele as well as bringing on new customers who can benefit from our client’s product offerings. An ideal candidate is a sales-oriented professional who values productivity, direct customer engagement, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain daily contact with customers, sales representatives and the carrier sales team to aid in negotiating transportation rates and mode.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to all customers.
- Understand the technology platform.
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality.
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed rating decisions.
- Analyze and recommend innovative improvements to existing systems, procedures, and issues impacting customer/carriers, focusing efforts on eliminating the root cause of recurring issues.
- Provide pertinent industry information to the customer.
- Act as a liaison between the customer, the operations department and senior management to ensure all parties understand the requirements and adhere to established timelines.
- Oversee and lead the implementation of key action items to deliver ROI for the customer.
- Offer creative service solutions to the customer.
- Transportation sales/account management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Asset-based and/or brokerage experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Commitment to executional excellence and outstanding customer service.
- Bilingual English and Spanish desirable.
This position offers a competitive base salary.