Our client has evolved into a global Freight Forwarder with multi-modal capabilities including ground expediting, domestic airfreight, international airfreight, ocean freight, LTL trucking and truckload services. Their current staff averages more than 25 years of experience in the Transportation and Logistics industries.
HR Business Partner - Logistics
As a strategic resource to Business Leadership, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) leads and/or consults on all HR-related practices, programs and objectives in order to enable an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes productivity, safety, and business goal attainment; along with the recruitment, retention, engagement and ongoing development of a stable, high quality workforce. The HRBP actively seeks to align business objectives with employees and management in designated business units.
The HRBP inherently requires deep and sustained relationships to be built and maintained across supported business units. All levels of leadership and management should consider the HRBP to be a key partner in creating and managing an engaging and healthy environment for all. The HRBP actively consults with Business Leaders to ensure HR initiatives are effectively managed and are producing desired outcomes.
The HRBP has special accountability for talent programs, communications and change management, enabling the best of the organization’s culture to be experienced and appreciated within all functions and on all teams. In addition, the HRBP coordinates the implementation of all employee-related services, policies, and programs. In close partnership with Corporate HR centers of expertise and shared service functions, the HRBP leverages the available services to allow the HRBP to focus on the higher value talent, engagement and retention initiatives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Apply human resources principles, methods and tools to provide broad range of customized business solutions designed to support the business and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Conduct organizational diagnoses using data-based methodologies to identify critical issues and root causes; provides objective, data-based perspective on relevant organizational and HR issues and recommends/implements and measures appropriate interventions to address organizational issues.
- In partnership with Talent, develop succession plans to address key leadership roles and talent gaps. • Lead assigned business unit groups in the execution of talent reviews and planning processes.
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure consistent employment experiences.
- Partners with business leadership to identify and develop HR strategies, identify gaps and plan processes to directly support business initiatives through people.
- Acts as liaison with other HR COE teams to coordinate development of programs, systems and processes to be used to support the business.
- Provides insight, oversight and direction of the annual performance management and compensation review process within the assigned business units.
- Supports the business leadership team through conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses on a broad array of issues; works to share interpretation of data with leadership and plant teams and develops action steps to support improvements/changes.
- Serves as an active member of the leadership teams.
- Collaborates, strategizes and participates with Talent Management and Hiring Managers to acquire and retain top talent with a focus of building a pipeline for future needs.
- Works closely with management and employees on employee engagement, including improving work relationships, building morale, increasing productivity and retention.
- Monitors the effectiveness of HR Programs through the tracking of key measures.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of experience leading people, implementing HR programs and initiatives, including a demonstrated ability to facilitate small and large group employee interactions.
- Demonstrated to drive strong talent outcomes in partnership with business leaders across the organization and external talent acquisition partners.
- Agility to build out projects when business demands.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills; bias for performance measurement.
- Demonstrated experience building effective partnerships and collaborative stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Effective project management skills.
- Have a passion for personal learning and development to be able to grow with the company.
- PHR or equivalent, or willingness to achieve the PHR in the first year of employment in the role.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, HR, human resources, talent acquisition, recruiter, administration, onboarding, training, coaching, development, job descriptions, recruiting, payroll, policies, procedures, personnel-related, disciplinary, termination, employment, employee review, reference, background check, offer letters, employee relations, performance review, compensation, public inquiries, goal attainment, staffing, grievances, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC