City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Asset
Shippers count on our client for turnkey transportation solutions and 24/7/365 central dispatch. They offer the highest standards in safety and on-time pickup and delivery. They contract with Agents and Owner Operators to move freight within the 48 continental states and Canada. They specialize in Van, Open Deck, Specialized/Over-Size, Container, Refrigerated, Power Only and Dry Bulk shipments as well as Brokerage services.
This role will be responsible for call management (answering calls, solving issues, and avoiding call transfers as much as possible), data reconciliation, pricing, load planning (permit ordering and dispatching), and driver management.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and emails promptly and courteously.
- Plan and order permits and escorts for loads.
- Reconcile costs on permits and escorts to expedite the billing process.
- Assist in finding freight for drivers and equipment for agents.
- Communicate with drivers daily and log in LME.
- General customer service for customers, agents, and drivers.
- Price loads for customers and agents.
- Timely accomplishments of various projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in the transportation industry.
- Previous experience dealing with freight for specialized equipment, ordering oversize/overweight permits and escort vehicles, and pricing oversized/overweight freight preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of state and local oversize/overweight permit regulations.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong PC skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work required hours.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Tanker, Bulk, Heavy Haul