Our client is a professional services firm that develops, implements, and manages cost-reduction solutions for FORTUNE 1000 companies, law firms, private equity firms, and private companies throughout North America. Their years of industry-direct experience, over $4.2 billion in purchasing leverage as well as their program for ongoing support and verification, drive their continued commitment to award-winning service. Their spend management, supplier management, and procurement strategies have resulted in more than $5.8 billion in client savings.
Global Logistics Consultant- Analytics Management
Our client is seeking an individual with consulting experience to develop solutions for large enterprise client by challenging the status quo. Their ideal candidate has consulting experience, and logistics experience in one or more of the following modes: ocean, air, LTL, FTL, or intermodal freight. This person will identify cost reduction opportunities based on a customer’s usage, pricing, vendor contracts, and shipping needs. This candidate will provide data-driven solutions to the CFO’s of the largest companies in the U.S. and Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Collect data and conduct analysis with the goal of improving customers’ supply chain operations.
- Develop, present, and implement cost reduction strategies in collaboration with the customer team.
- Negotiate logistics projects – leverage extensive experience to execute best in class pricing for customers.
- Extrapolate and model client shipment history and draft proposals for carriers.
- Procure pricing agreements, set up rates and monitor new pricing as needed.
- Support and assist in maintaining client carrier contracts.
- Support Client Logistics Managers with invoice reconciliation as it applies to rating discrepancies.
- Responsible for carrier relationships and QBR’s on a quarterly cadence with top carriers.
- Assist clients in the evaluation of ad-hoc pricing proposals from carriers.
- Create Quarterly Business Reports (QBRs) to report on client implemented savings vs PRP projections.
- Develop, enhance, maintain and implement documentation for processes, guidelines and procedures for rate procurement.
- Responsible for staying current on all industry shifts within all the modes of transportation and the shifting market.
- Maintain productive relationships with client vendor representatives, clients, and colleagues.
- Follow defined company processes and procedures.
- BA/BS degree with minimum 5-7 years of consulting and or industry expertise.
- Experience with analysis of data through MS Excel.
- Experience working one or more of the following modes: ocean, air, LTL, FTL, or intermodal freight.
- Knowledge of freight pricing mechanics.
- Working knowledge of common TMS software solutions (MercuryGate, Oracle, SAP, Manhattan, UltraShip, etc.) a plus.
- Experience conducting needs assessment and comparative analysis.
- Demonstrated history of problem solving.
- History of upward movement and promotions
- Desire to learn and grow is required
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC