Our client is a forward-thinking company that was founded in 2011, built with drive and dedication to create a unique and extraordinary company. They are a vibrant company that has heart and soul, and a drive for growth. Our client grooms for success. They are nationally ranked with INC 500s Fastest Growing Companies and are also nationally ranked as INCs Best Places to work. They are Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Privately Owned Companies in Los Angeles and Los Angeles Business Journal Top Minority-Owned companies in Los Angeles.
Job Type: Full-time
Freight Forwarding Operations Manager
Our client is currently in search for an exemplary Operations Manager that will lead the day to day operations of their Global Forwarding Team. The ideal candidate will lead, manage, develop, and oversee all operations aspect of the team. The position requires a self- motivated, with positive mentality, solutions oriented, and highly organized leader.
- Manage the customer’s experience to ensure consistent satisfaction.
- Implement, oversee, and constantly improve the operating process.
- Manage, oversee and coordinate all day to day operational work and ensure to meet the company’s requirement and target.
- Identify and on-board new carriers.
- Aid clients with shipments.
- Provide clear jobs responsibilities and instructions to each subordinate employee.
- Conduct performance reviews to ensure that all employees comply with company rules.
- Book shipments, track shipments, and ready shipments for billing.
- Assist business development with the acquisition of new clients.
- Analyze client opportunities and develop innovative solutions and associated pricing.
- Identify carriers to fulfill strategic opportunities.
- Assist with RFP’s.
- Ensure profit margin protection relative to quoted solutions.
- Foster and maintain relationships with carriers by serving as a source of information, designing improvements/solutions for their business needs, and providing guidance.
- Identify service/product improvements by monitoring industry trends and engaging in discussions with clients.
- Develop and sustain professional skills, technical knowledge and industry news by reviewing industry publications, attending workshops, and participating in training and ongoing education.
- Focus on growth, client satisfaction, and achieving company goals.
- 6+ years of experience in global freight forwarding (import and export) and/or domestic transportation.
- Proficient in MS Office, e-mail, and internet technology.
- Solid experience in international air and ocean operations.
- Should have knowledge of general warehouse operations.
- Cargowise knowledge is a big plus.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC