Our client was founded in 1965 as a waste paper trading company. They have more than half a century of waste paper trading experience and are head quartered in Lausanne with a global presence.
Freight Forwarding Logistics Manager
Our client’s California office is currently looking for a Logistics Manager to manage all the Logistics Operations for their East and West coast operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Follow all logistics movements related to assigned trades (SO & PO combinations) – meticulous.
- Manage a small team of Logistics Representative to cover all of the USA – managerial & leadership.
- Be actively involved in growing our client’s U.S. logistics team both in Chicago and Diamond Bar – growth.
- Report directly to the Director and assuming responsibility for logistics team – accountable.
- Negotiate best freight rates on a monthly basis and making sure these are applied – commercial.
- Apply pressure to all parties involved if and when this is necessary – energetic & pro-active.
- Cover for absent and/or ill colleagues – flexible & team player.
- Create accurate documents for customs, carriers and transport companies alike – attention to detail.
- File and save documents accurately while under considerable time pressure – levelheaded.
- Create reports in order to give management the tools to formulate forecasts – creative.
- Liaise closely with the Procurement Team and forecasting their logistic needs – preemptive.
- Share knowledge and information with Logistics Managers from other company global office – cooperate.
- Bachelor’s educational level or equivalent is a minimum requirement.
- Minimal 5 years of experience in a managerial position within the logistics / supply chain industry.
- Advanced Excel skills and generally all standard Office applications.
- Fluent in English (if also fluent in Spanish, this will be big plus).
- Available full time 08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday and willing to go the extra mile, always.
- Capable of working within a stressful and commercially driven environment.
- Office oriented, minimal 3 full days presence in the office every week, better 5.
- Driver’s license holder and car owner is a plus.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management