Our client is the first entertainment transportation provider
started and managed by concert touring professionals. Their extensive knowledge of the touring industry and focus on customer service and communication allows them to maintain incredible perspective and vision of how to best serve their clients. From single truck one-offs to multiple trucks out for months, our client is best equipped to handle your next trucking movement!
Fleet Coordinator - Weekend Shift
This role will coordinate all details of customer delivery requirements to
ensure driver preparedness and superior levels of customer satisfaction.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintains positive relationships with the drivers and office staff.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers.
- Utilize company software and web apps to manage all aspects of drivers’ load plans, deliveries, returns, and special transportation requests.
- Fields customer and driver telephone calls and emails regarding orders and deliveries.
- Coordinate all details of customer delivery requirements to ensure driver preparedness and superior levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all orders are properly entered into the software for proper billing accuracy.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive records for the Company related to drivers, equipment, sales, and customers.
- Answer the telephone, route calls, and take messages.
- Tracks and reports driver performance, ensures routes are timely, and communicates service issues to management promptly.
- Work with internal fleet management to increase company fleet efficiency and reduce cost.
- Ensure DOT and Company Policy compliance is maintained by all drivers.
- Assists the executive team in communicating with the drivers.
- Operates within the established Company budget.
- Assists accounting with A.R. and A.P.
- Establishes and maintains sound business and financial procedures in accordance with Federal and State laws and internal company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and Owner.
- Three years of experience in a comparable work-related field.
- Two years of experience in negotiating freight rates and scheduling load plans for drivers preferred.
- Strong knowledge of computer software applications word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and industry-related load board software.
- Verbal skills to convey complex information and procedures in a clear, professional manner. Strong writing skills to prepare reports, instructions, and informational material used in the conduct of the Organization’s business.
- Basic math skills to perform essential functions for accounting and quoting jobs.
- Reading skills to comprehend complex documents and the ability to interpret and communicate their meaning.
- Ability to multitask, prioritizing among competing tasks, and use critical thinking skills.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and ethics working amicably with the Owner, Office Staff, Drivers, & Entertainment Staff.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must meet the Company’s employment and physical standards.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, high value, home delivery, consumer products, devices, fragile, variable inventory, sort and segregation, hand count, Lease, Leasing, Equipment, Trailers, Contacts, Credit, Lease Terms, Sales terms, customer sales, lead generation, vin numbers, inventory, heavy equipment, specialized equipment, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher, terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times, scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management, maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC