Our client is a 3PL transportation provider headquartered in Arlington, Texas. They were established in 1993 specializing in open deck freight. They are focused on providing transportation solutions to their customers with a high level of professionalism and customer service. A large majority of their customers view them as an extension of their own company. They have stayed true to their routes and continue to grow in this market. Their company maintains the entrepreneur spirit and autonomy that the founder envisioned from the start.
Flatbed Sales Representative
As Sales Representatives, this role will work closely with customers and their operations team to grow and promote the sale of transportation services including, but not limited to, generating new business opportunities, qualifying leads, developing longterm customer relationships, implementing strategic plans, and managing accounts. Sales Representatives are the first line of contact with all new customers and along with their operations team, Sales Representatives establish and maintain long-term business relationships with new and current customer base. This position is part of the Sales Department and reports to the Vice President and Owner.
Job Type: Full-time
- Integrate and align sales plans for customers.
- Prepare action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects throughout the U.S.
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth through engagement with current and potential customers.
- Perform B2B sales activities from lead generation through closure to effectively build new relationships.
- Meet or exceed sales goals as assigned by Vice President.
- Schedule regular customer meetings – 2-4 per week – to establish and maintain productive, long term professional relationships with decision makers at customer organizations and create action plans for follow-up.
- Close and grow sales through professional communication and interaction with potential customers & provide exemplary customer service throughout sales cycle.
- Collect and maintain information on the requirements, organization, budget and preferences of current and potential customers.
- Be well versed in the customer’s problems and goals.
- Manage and interpret customer requirements and scope of work – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate, and meet their needs.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Support customers with industry advice to overcome challenges.
- Create and maintain account plans for customers highlighting profile, market share, competition, and value opportunities.
- Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions.
- Identify, investigate, track, and resolve customer concerns or complaints, identify trends, implement solutions, and recommend a course of action on how to alleviate these in the future.
- Collaborate with operations team to provide exemplary service to customers and work closely with other company departments to prevent and proactively stay on track for proposed solutions.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers for information to determine their potential needs.
- Expand market awareness of our company and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits to prospective customers.
- Maintain records of customer communications and contact information as required.
- Prepare responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information).
- Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance; communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed.
- Maintain knowledgeable of the market statistics and pricing tools.
- Communicate market requirements and data.
- Maintain through understanding of transportation market to effectively communicate trends with customers.
- Explain process for providing solutions from start to finish.
- Perform sales status reporting functions on an ongoing and timely basis including activity, closings, follow up, and adherence to goals.
- Reasonably set the customer’s expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree or 3 years of proven transportation sales.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Highly proficient level computer skills including Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) required.
- Experience working with a CRM tool highly preferred.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials effectively and accurately.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written), organizational and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences, including ability to effectively communicate with individuals within the organization as well as with clients.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiating.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations in a professional way to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful situations and remain calm.
- Must have proven closing experience.
- Strong ability to routinely work on multiple, unrelated tasks while effectively prioritizing and keeping track of deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities with a degree of autonomy and integrity.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn from others.
- Consistently dependable, reliable and punctual.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
- Knowledge of sales marketing techniques to effectively present to a large variety of prospective customers.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Willingness to work and travel up to 25% of the time visiting current customers.
- Great attention to detail required.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC