Our client provides advantaged truckload, LTL and specialized transportation services with a focus on inbound logistics. They begin by working to understand their customer’s business to identify inefficiencies and quantify benefits. They leverage information flows to create advanced visibility, optimize freight, and proactively manage shipping schedules. Their web-based transportation management system simplifies life for their customers and their trading partners. Their experienced team supports customers’ daily operations to maximize supply chain efficiency, reliability and ease of use.
Flatbed Pricing & Capacity Specialist:
This individual is responsible for analyzing and understanding Flatbed market trends as well as completing RFPs. This role will be providing pricing support to the Carrier Division as well as assisting in building carrier relationships, selling and booking available freight, and handling rate negotiations.
- Gather market information about the supply and demand of capacity in the marketplace to understand market conditions and lane rates.
- Build and maintain business relationships with new flatbed carriers.
- Provide and negotiate freight rates to flatbed carriers on a regular basis.
- Prioritize all available freight to efficiently and effectively cover all available customer loads.
- Track all booked loads from the point the transportation provider is contracted through final delivery of the load.
- Manage transportation provider issues and resolve transportation provider operational problems including unplanned accessorial charges and accounting discrepancies.
- Communicate with flatbed carriers to schedule trucks and resolve escalated issues.
- Price/quote flatbed carriers to ensure accurate and competitive rates.
- Send rate confirmations to carriers that document all requirements and verify receipt.
- Appropriately advise internally with regards to rate negotiations to win new business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Transportation field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with flatbed carriers.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Results-driven, motivated individual.
- Thrive in fast-paced work environment.
- Flatbed/OD/Steel-hauling experience is preferred.
- Customer facing experience is a plus, not required.
This position offers a competitive base salary.