Our client is one of the nation’s largest transportation companies. Through our seven operating companies we provide total transportation solutions and comprehensive logistics services to customers all over North America. We know the extraordinary dedication and work ethic of our client's employees have been the power behind our success.
The Driver Recruiter is responsible for the recruitment of company drivers, owner operators, experienced fleet owners, lease purchase drivers, and rehires.
Job Type: Full Time
- Explore creative methods of sourcing qualified contractors.
- Conduct telephone and personal interviews daily with prospective candidates.
- Complete background checks including personal records, MVR, and DAC reports.
- Review and process applications of prospective hires and determine if the applicant is qualified.
- Complete pre-hire files and paperwork on applicants.
- Maintain complete files on non-hired contractors, as appropriate.
- Track calls generated from all forms of advertising.
- Explain the company’s operating policy and safety standards and work with drivers or applicants who present issues.
- Set up and manage travel arrangements for new hires.
- Maintain standards as outlined by our client's policy and standards in regard to the hiring of drivers.
- 6-12 months of previous experience in a related field.
- Sales experience preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED is required and a degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills are needed.
This position offers a competitive base salary.