Our client is an asset based logistics company located in Los Angeles, CA. They specialize in Port Drayage, Transload and Truckload solutions for shippers.
The Driver-Recruiter is responsible for: (1) identifying and recruiting qualified Class A Owner Operator and LMC Drivers; (2) fostering positive relationships between the Company and existing owner operators and LMCs to enhance retention; (3) identifying issues to improve owner operator and LMC onboarding; and (4) serve as the primary point of contact for owner operators and LMCs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Creatively source and develop a pool of qualified Owner Operator and LMC candidates using traditional and non-traditional techniques such as meeting drivers in the field, through social media channels, cold calling, mailing lists, networking, job fairs, internet searches, postings, printed/electronic media and other forms of lead generation. Current day-to-day recruiting activities include:
- Actively visit and recruit at truck rest stops, fueling stations, maintenance shops, truck parts shops, eateries, and other locations drivers typically visit.
- Maintain an accurate recruiting status log and provide daily status updates with respect to potential driver candidates.
- Timely follow up on leads and candidate inquiries.
- Communicate driver opportunities to prospective candidates.
- Determine driver qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Improve Owner Operator and LMC Retention by developing and maintaining relationships with them, promoting a positive business environment, and becoming a source of guidance for them.
- Maintain and promote compliance with all Company, Federal and State laws, rules and regulations during the recruitment and hiring process, including the proper completion of all paperwork, testing and background checks required to onboard Owner Operators and LMCs.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of the local driver labor market and the Company’s driver needs.
- Develop networks with external sources to continually improve driver sourcing opportunities.
- Be self-motivated and a self-starter that can accomplish all required tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have the capacity to multitask, adjust fine/tune recruiting strategies and develop new marketing and recruitment strategies to stay ahead of the competition.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, including a proficiency in clear, concise, and compelling oral and written communication and otherwise have in-depth knowledge of DOT and Safety compliance.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Other ad hoc duties as may from time to time be assigned.
- Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in Transportation or Logistics preferred.
- Minimum two years of trucking transportation experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a fast pace, changing environment.
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Computer savvy with knowledge of MS Office.
- Very High attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A motivated self-starter with a demonstrated ability to maintain a positive can-do attitude.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher, terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times, scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management, maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, Recruiting, recruit, hire, interview, prospect, candidate, recruiter, talent acquisition, human resources, headhunting, agency, consulting, consultation, staffing, talent search, talent agency, executive search, employment, network, sourcing, strategy development, offers, negotiations, search firms, placement agencies, selection practices, talent lifecycle, talent attraction, TA, job leveling, salary trends, project management, volume hiring, compensation, job, application, resume, assessment, job search, preparation, applicant, submission, submittals, screening, boolean search, benefits, direct hire, direct placement, DOE, employee referral program, entry level, EEO, full life cycle, hiring manager, independent contributor, job description, requirements, job seeker, non disclosure agreements, non compete agreement, onboarding, phone screen, pipeline, reference check, resume parsing, commission, filling the position, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC