Our client is a transportation solutions provider offering dedicated fleet services for local and regional freight. Utilizing their dedicated account teams and company-owned trucking fleet, they design custom transportation solutions around each customers’ specific needs. Partner with our client, and you can count on your freight being where you need it, when you need it. Their Promise: Right Product, Right Place, On Time.
The Driver Coordinator is responsible to dispatch drivers, track/update driver progress, and process driver delivery documentation. As the main contact with the fleet drivers, you are expected to be professional, responsive, and to positively impact driver retention. You will assist with equipment maintenance/repair events, and HOS issues while supporting safety as a top priority for our company. This role also contributes as a team player and is expected to help with other assignments, tasks, or duties as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Builds and maintains driver relationships through the understanding of meeting the needs of the driver while weighing the expectations of the customer.
- Executes a timely and accurate exchange of data as it relates to driver availability, preplanned load assignments, load assignments, and the service and tracking of company equipment.
- Manages Driver dispatches through timely communication, follow up, and system record keeping requirements.
- Provides independent assessment to comply with all DOT and FMCSA regulations, hours of service rules and ability to incorporate those rules, effectively.
- Assist with the scheduling of company equipment for repair and preventative maintenance.
- Provides support and collaborate; team efforts to develop, grow, and maximize utilization of available driver hours.
- Coaches assigned driver team to success and safety compliance using positive recognition and reinforcement.
- Partners with other team members to meet customer and service expectations; may include other personnel within the company as necessary.
- Assists with all the safety department compliance related items as assigned (i.e. driver logs, registrations, CDL’s, etc.)
- Provides reports as requested using manual collection or data mining from department systems.
- Collects and verifies accuracy of driver paperwork and then scans/uploads into the TMS.
- Assists driver time off coordination to ensure customer needs are met; may share hour capacity challenges with the team to maximize driver assignment metrics.
- Assists with implementation and communication of new technology as needed, for both DOT compliance and company usage.
- HS/GED required, Associates degree in related field preferred
- Knowledgeable in FMCSA and DOT safety regulations
- 3+ years fleet operations
- 3+ years working with transportation safety (DOT, FMCSA)
- 2+ years working with Electronic Logs (hours of service)
- Proficient using MS Office: outlook, excel, word
- High Electronic Log Device knowledge
- Proficiency with TMS specific software and programs a plus (McLeod TMS and DAT Load board)
- Prior use of McLeod TMS highly desired
- 3+ years of progressive ability with communicating information: email, phone, and word processing
- Advanced listener and emotional intelligence awareness
- Able to handle conflict and de-escalate frustrating situations.
- Able to participate in a dynamic team setting, with a fast-paced work culture
- Proficiency with detail accuracy on documents and in systems.
- Highly organized mind and work area; keeps files and information properly stored.
- Sense of urgency without prodding.
- Positive attitude and pleasant demeanor to all.
- Good at problem solving and working toward solutions that may be complex.
- Proper attendance and respect for the workday output level.
- Willing and able to learn and develop as business needs evolve.
- Presents strong innovative thinking aptitude.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher, terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times, scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management, maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC