Our client is a leading paper product manufacturer in the US with approx. $1 billion annual sales, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, with $10 billion annual sales. They are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Their mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and their mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces airdried, recycled pulp. Their fourth mill in Old Town, ME produces softwood kraft pulp. They are proud of their 1400 dedicated employees, who together produce more than 1.2 million short tons of pulp & paper annually.
Our client is looking to hire top talent to join their dynamic team! They offer full benefits and a competitive compensation. They are currently seeking an experienced Dispatcher to join their team. The dispatcher will be responsible for managing trucks and working with drivers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Responsible for compliance, safety, maintenance, invoicing, and financials of 5 – 7 drivers and 20 trailers in the Wisconsin market.
- Plan assigned fleet of drivers and trailers, ensuring we are providing the most safe and cost-efficient services possible.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State safety and driving regulations through training, mentoring of drivers.
- Assist with developing and implementing critical safety and compliance initiatives primarily through the execution of orientation and related onboarding training.
- Verify roadworthiness and keep maintenance records for leased tractors and trailers.
- Perform administrative functions including maintaining rates, collecting driver paperwork, and submitting invoices for payment.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate Transportation Department directives and regulations.
- 2+ years of Dispatch experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required.
- Strong understanding of DOT regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, package, packaging, plastics, boxes, boxing, paper, pulp, textiles, looms, embossing, assembly, printing, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC