Our client is a leading Canadian Trucking Company providing Truck Transportation, Logistics and 3PL Services across Canada and cross border to the US. They take pride in being regarded as one of the most reliable and affordable logistic and warehousing service providers in the country. As a logistic service provider, they excel at a range of logistic services, which includes trucking services, warehousing services, logistic services, and a range of other ancillary services. They have years of experience in the business of logistics, warehousing, distribution, trucking and supply chain management services, and aim to provide their clients with convenience, reliability and affordability through their premium logistic services.
Job Type: Full-time
Our client it looking for a customer enthusiast who is logistically obsessed that wants to amplify results.
- Delegate and prioritize pick-up of freight to ensure movement of freight to outer terminals can be done efficiently.
- Communicate with Operations Manager when required to ensure quality decisions.
- Prepare list of trailers requested by city-local dispatch for the following day.
- Communicate with other terminals and Central Dispatch regarding pickups, direct deliveries, driver availability etc.
- Coordinate with line haul arrival and departure of drivers.
- Answer customer requests as they pertain to Dispatch and Delivery procedures.
- Provide continuous communication in order to move product quickly and economically.
- Understand and have full knowledge of transport computer dispatch system and its requirements.
- Ensure moves are up to date in system and possess full knowledge of delivery service schedules and customer requirements.
- Dispatch experience is highly preferred.
- Efficient with our client’s computer systems (Transplus, BrokerPro, Microsoft Office).
- Excellent people skills dealing with customers, drivers, and dispatch team is essential.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, communication, problem solving and planning abilities.
- Possess effective and efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to positively coach, lead and influence others and be motivated to achieve outcomes and reach goals.
This position offers a competitive base salary.