Today, every business is a technology business. Our client empowers organizations of all sizes with their technology solutions and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of Digital Innovation, Cloud + Data Center Transformation, Connected Workforce, and Supply Chain Optimization solutions and services, they help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, their employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run business smarter.
Director of Operations
This role is responsible for driving the operational strategy that supports the needs of the sales organizations and our client’s customers. This position works closely with sales leadership to understand the sales strategy and objectives as well as the inhibitors to achieving them, and then ensures that tools, processes and policies are put into place to enable the strategy and objectives. By working internally with our client’s sales teams, this role will leverage our client’s external business partners and other support teammates to drive improvements to business processes. This role also manages client experiences to gather new requirements and to remediate areas needing improvement. This includes our client’s EDI/B2B, web and sales support environments that touch the clients or affect their experience. This position also works to help set the vision for their team and as such drives the annual budget and attainment, resource allocation, and metrics to be tracked. The team is comprised of groups that assist with post-order support such as Order Flow, Client and Vendor EDI, Client Services, Web Services and Sales Operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage all aspects of the client experience associated with the functions managed.
- Participate in sales and sales operations leadership meetings and share operational updates.
- Work with manufacturing and distribution partners to ensure proactive information and support exchange for our mutual business.
- Establish strategic team objectives, key metrics and SLA’s for the operations team.
- Work cross-functionally with IT, Finance and other support organizations to implement changes to tools, policies and procedures.
- Drive metrics, relationship and strategy for the outsourced aspects of this team.
- Understand and drive business requirements for our partner and client EDI strategy.
- Lead communication for key updates at end of month and end of quarter (e.g., Backlog and client care).
- Continually work to improve operational efficiencies, processes and performance.
- Recruit, hire and develop management team and other direct reports.
- Escalate and resolve client and sales issues.
- Ensure operational standards and compliances meet audit requirements.
- Set annual budgets and manage expenses accordingly.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. and B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 10 years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Education in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Customer Service or Management strongly considered.
- Experience in the information technology industry in sales, supply chain or customer service preferred.
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to provide overall team vision and direction.
- Polished professional who is comfortable with interaction with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in a professional and effective way.
- Ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients or other teammates in a timely and accurate manner.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business requirements, technical procedures or regulations.
- Ability to resolve and escalate issues with a wide range of personalities.
- Strong project management skills culminating in timely effective results.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in gathering knowledge, problem solving and getting things completed.
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills a must.
- Self-driven, motivated and results-oriented.
- Builds relationships and quickly develops trust with clients, as well as internal personnel.
- Works well under pressure and is able to multi-task effectively.
- Adheres to tight service level agreements (SLAs).
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader