Director of Sales
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Managed Transportation, Freight Audit
Our client, founded in 1983, is one of the nation’s foremost integrated logistics firms offering a broad range of products and solutions to deliver savings to our clients’ bottom line. They are a privately held company, headquartered in Elmhurst, IL, with a wide range of domestic and international clients. Their primary solutions include freight audit and payment, LTL and TL solutions, and transportation and sourcing management. Their commitment to delivering promised results and strong customer service, as well as, cutting edge, technology driven products and services, has earned them a reputation of integrity and honesty.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Identifies and generates new sales opportunities through analysis and discovery.
- Manages the proposal process from lead generation to successful close.
- Participates in face-to-face meetings, presenting proposals and solutions, and closing business.
- Offers solutions to continually solidify the selling of company’s product offerings.
- Reviews sales activities and prospective customers with management to ensure alignment with company strategy in forecasting, business plans and pipeline development.
- Ensures monthly sales targets are met.
- Requires attending regular sales and managerial meetings internal and external to the company.
- Manages the sales staff. Coaches and performs evaluations of staff.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals for prospective customers.
- Builds sales strategies and works with marketing for leads.
- Performs any activities not described above but may be considered essential to the operations of the business as defined by manager.
- This is a “hands on” managerial position.
- 5 – 10 years sales experience relating to transportation/freight payment and audit.
- Should be able to demonstrate a successful sales and management record.
- Must possess technical background.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets or quotas.
- College degree required.
- Travel required.
This position offers a competitive base salary.