Our client is a full-service cooperative operating for the benefit of its members. Their 147 members are now in six states, with 35 of its members producing Organic Milk. They offer Raw Milk Marketing services, a seasonal ultra-filtration plant, Producer Payroll Services, Laboratory Services, and dairy supplies and feed mill services to its members. They currently handle most of the milk marketed in the state of Florida. It is their job to balance the needs of the two primary stakeholders – member farmers and customer processors.
Job Type: Full-time
Director of Milk Marketing
This role will be responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and participating in the development of marketing strategies for the organization to achieve cooperative objectives.
- Analyze target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches; evaluate market conditions and data to recommend and implement strategic plan changes, as needed.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for the senior management team.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of supplemental supplies, pricing pools, T-credits, differentials, and federal orders which impact our client’s company and recommend changes which would improve effectiveness of pools.
- Explore potential opportunities for joint ventures and partnerships to leverage cooperative’s ability to increase market access to customers.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with milk market administrators.
- Study market conditions, competitors, activities, and consumer behavior and convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports.
- Assist in the development of pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations.
- Participate in monthly Pricing Committee calls, announce prices and our client’s marketing information.
- Prepare monthly board reports for CEO; provide board presentations as needed.
- Assist with finalizing monthly our client’s price calculation.
- Provide quotes to customers for pricing of milk and our client’s plants for bids.
- Negotiate milk marketing supply agreements.
- Take active role identifying new potential customers and in growing and maintaining existing sales and customer relationships.
- Forecast and track monthly conventional and organic sales and production.
- Provide insight into seasonal milk movements and pricing.
- Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reports and analysis.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or closely-related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have thorough understanding of market development and marketing strategies in dairy industry.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable MVR; local and out-of-area travel will be required.
- Must be available for attendance at all Board of Director meetings.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Must have proof of U.S. citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Must possess strong analytical, prioritizing, and problem-solving skills; must be a highly motivated self- starter with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must have excellent organizational/time management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with internal/external customers.
- Must have ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and technical procedure manuals; must have ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; must have ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; must have ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics