Our client is a premier Third-Party Logistics company (3PL) that provides personalized supply chain solutions with an asset-based dedicated fleet, warehousing and distribution services, and nationwide multi-modal freight brokerage. Founded in 1999, they operate daily throughout the U.S. and proudly offers unparalleled service backed by its strong family values and work ethic.
Job Type: Full-time
Director- Asset-Lite Network
This role will conceptualize and develop a best-in-class trailing equipment optimization and compliance strategy. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Finance & Administration (VPFA) and will play an integral role in facilitating strategy and needs on current and future lines of business. This position will work closely as part of the Leadership team to ensure key initiatives and strategies are achieved. This individual is responsible for developing, refining, and executing: Asset Business Unit strategy; business plans; organizational structure & staffing; P&L; SOP development and compliance; trailer procurement, utilization & R&M; technology development, and functionality and usage. This role will be expected to effectively lead and develop all personnel. This position will also be responsible for expanding our client’s vendor network to enable broad, timely, & cost-effective, nation-wide procurement, and daily management, procurement, planning, compliance, and profitability of all over-the-road assets.
- Manage, maintain and optimize use of all over-the-road assets.
- Develop, implement and manage a compliance policy that covers all equipment and all use types, including third party trailer, subcontracted drivers, customer trailer, chassis rentals and interchange type scenarios and relationships.
- Develop and continually maintain and manage a best in class equipment procurement strategy, which includes obtaining and shedding equipment at the most favorable pricing and managing key vendor relationships.
- Develop and manage a best in class equipment Location Tracking Strategy to ensure precision and status 24/7/365 of every piece of equipment.
- Support the Production team’s continual and growing need for trailing equipment and trailer pools within their customer relationships, while maximizing network optimization and continual positioning and repositioning needs.
- Continually maintain the strategic balance between owned trailing equipment and short-term rentals.
- Develop and manage a best in class, low risk, efficient Driver (pre and post trip) Inspection Strategy.
- Work closely with our client’s Technology team to create new technologies to efficiently manage all trailers and provide constant visibility to all stakeholders.
- Make strategic recommendations to leadership to strengthen network optimization.
- Develop and manage a proactive and comprehensive Equipment Repair and Maintenance Program to ensure minimal inoperable time for all trailers and best in class customer service, including separate plans for routine/proactive R&M, and immediate in the moment R&M or roadside.
- Manage and oversee all appropriate insurance coverage including; vehicle comp, interchange, collision, and liability coverages.
- Support and/or lead equipment claims situations where our client’s equipment is damaged or involved in damage.
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends/regulations on trailing equipment. Make proactive recommendations to comply with regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of professional logistics experience required, specific to trailing equipment management.
- Experience with supply chain, warehouse or transportation services required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics management or related field preferred.
- Ability to think analytically and interpret data to make fact-based decisions or recommendations.
- Ability to evaluate existing processes, identify improvements and implement improved methods.
- Advanced technology understanding and competency in asset management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to drive results in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize tasks.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy