Our client has been serving the Ports of Oakland and LA/Long Beach for 10+ years. They specialize in Drayage, Intermodal, Over the road, heavy haul, yard storage and warehousing solutions. They operate a capacity of over 200+ company drivers and owner operators.
Director of 3PL Finance
Our client looking for an experienced individual to perform a wide range of activities including oversight and preparation of monthly financial statements and refinement of the company’s accounting and finance infrastructure. The controller should have a strong understanding and experience in trucking, logistics or the supply chain environment. This opportunity offers tremendous growth potential and the ability to make an impact that is felt throughout the business.
- Drive the company’s financial planning.
- Develop, maintain, document and oversee the appropriate policies, procedures, and systems to assure that the company has proper accounting records and controls in place.
- Ensure the company has systems and overall business processes that will improve the effectiveness of the entire organization.
- Prepare reliable, current and forecasting reports. Ensure financial statements are issued accurately in accordance with GAAP and agreed upon schedules.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations.
- Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Strategize with the CEO / President and members of the Executive Management team.
- Advise on long-term business & financial planning.
- Roll-up sleeves and dive into AP, AR, journal entries and billing issues to identify resolutions.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Analyze trends in the business against identified metrics and KPIs in order to provide recommendations to cross-functional leadership team members.
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system.
- Bring new ideas, best practices and creative perspectives to the team to drive efficiencies, improvements and impacts to the bottom line.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance and / or Economics
- MS/MBA is a plus
- 5-7+ years of prior Accounting / Finance experience
- 5+ years of prior Leadership and / or Management experience
- Proven experience as a Controller, Finance Officer and / or relevant role
- Prior Logistics, Supply Chain and / or Transportation experience
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- International experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g., QuickBooks)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- CPA preferred
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Finance, claims, adjustments, tracking, insurance, legal, inspection, expenses, liabilities, cash flow, P&L, profit and loss, assets, income, expenditures, equity, balance, sheet, Accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader