Demand Planning Analyst
City & State:
Lake Bluff, IL
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Procurement (Materials/Contract Management)
Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor), Inventory Management
Our client is a leading import distributor of home improvement products for major retailers. They develop, source, and market bathroom, kitchen, and plumbing products for home and commercial use. Since its formation in 2006, they have shown consistent sales growth fueled by a proven track record of bringing innovative, efficient, and high quality product solutions to homes.
Job Type: Full-time
Demand Planning Analyst
This role will determine SKU level forecasts to support an effective balance of superior customer order fulfillment while minimizing expedite costs and excess and obsolete inventory. This role will be a key collaborator with sales and key customer planning teams and be the operations lead for service level updates and fine mitigation for assigned key customers.
- Provide SKU & aggregate (customer, product family, etc.) level analysis to determine SKU level forecasts for which to run the business.
- Use analytics & insights to enable sufficient forecast accuracy levels to provide industry leading service levels while minimizing customer fines, expedite costs, and excess and obsolete inventory levels.
- Evaluate forecast accuracy performance using metrics for SKU level and top line volumes for assigned key customers and channels while eliminating bias.
- Collaborate with Sales & key customers to determine insights for which to incorporate into SKU or aggregate level forecasts. This will include the use of customer data, including but not limited, expansions / reductions, customer point of sale data, customer inventory levels, promotional lifts, seasonal build and bleed, phase out transitions, etc.
- Conduct formal forecast reviews with Sales for key customers and channels to ensure alignment of forecasts.
- Serve as the Operations team point for supporting Sales to meet and exceed key customer desired service levels and approach mitigating fines.
- Work closely with internal Buyer / Planners to enable service updates for Sales or key customers.
- Develop SKU level exception reports to improve timeliness of SKU level forecast reviews and forecast updates.
- Develop new item and promotional forecasting models based on account, product category, and seasonality.
- Perform regularly scheduled and ad-hoc analysis and reporting related to forecast performance metrics, inventory levels, and order fill rates.
- Develop standard work and improvement activities that will streamline and improve our ability to forecast and service our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a Business, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related field.
- APICS or IBF certification a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in demand planning / forecasting.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to make sound recommendations based on data findings.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work cross functionally.
- Advanced computer skills – database, Excel, ERP systems, and reporting tools.
- Solid understanding of supply chain planning methodologies.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, ECommerce, Last Mile Shipping, Final Mile Shipping, Final Mile Delivery, Last Mile Delivery, Hot Shot, Courier, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage