Founded in Austin in 1996, our client has grown to become the leading global designer and wholesaler of trendsetting lifestyle home furnishings. With international offices in China, India, Vietnam, Mexico, Indonesia, and showrooms in High Point, North Carolina, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Austin, Texas, their team enthusiastically supports the growing needs of large retail chains, as well as independent regional stores and interior designers.
Our client, a leader in home furniture product development and distribution, is seeking a talented, versatile, best in class Demand Planner to join their Supply Chain team. This motivated individual will provide demand forecast planning and analysis with a strong emphasis on making the supply chain both efficient and timely. The ideal candidate will demonstrate command of demand forecasting, product management skills, strong cross-functional leadership skills, exceptional analytical skills, and a track record of success in driving positive and continuous improvement within the organization.
Job Type: Full-time/Hybrid Schedule
- Responsible for management of categories including buying, forecasting, and inventory planning.
- Manage purchase order pipeline and partner with the Company’s overseas team to determine optimal receipt flow.
- Manage purchase order creation and acknowledgment process.
- Monitor category trends and make recommendations for end-of-life disposition strategies.
- Own weekly and monthly metric reporting recaps and provide management team with key findings.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis based on historical sales performance and product attributes.
- Effectively communicate changes to purchase order shipment schedule to Sales team.
- Partner with Product Development to support product strategies and vision.
- Partner with Country Managers and international team to support vendor capacity planning.
- Partner with Buying team to analyze sales for assortment planning.
- Strategize and collaborate with Marketing on future promotional plans.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to drive process improvements.
- Ensure data integrity.
- Uphold the Company’s Core Values and be a valuable member of the team.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- BA/BS Required
- 3-6 years of retail planning, buying or equivalent analytical experience (furniture industry experience preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with aptitude to learn new systems quickly
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of assigned work projects
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to influence cross-functionally
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, high value, home delivery, consumer products, devices, fragile, variable inventory, sort and segregation, hand count, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC