Our client is a fast-growing third-party logistics provider servicing freight forwarders and shippers across the US. In 2019 they were recognized as one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest companies to work for and made the list of Inc 5000 fastest growing companies for three consecutive years (2017- 2019). They were founded with one simple idea in mind to raise the bar in logistics service and offer the best customer experience by combining the latest technology and customer centric philosophy.
Customer Service Representative
The CSR plays a critical role in supporting the Account Manager in exceeding customer expectations through resolving issues, inputting accurate orders into our client’s TMS, and troubleshooting tasks alongside our client’s team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Schedule appointments and input load entries consistent with department process flows and customer requirements.
- Diagnose, assess, and resolve issues for your clients M-F, and as needed.
- Communicate clearly, directly, and timely with customers and co-workers through instant messages, emails, phone calls, videocalls, and in person.
- Build relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- Consistently achieves data integrity and meets activity timeliness, quality metrics, and goals.
- Follows processes and procedures in servicing workflow, maintaining appropriate and clear documentation of customer conversations, taking appropriate action, and following up as requested.
- Utilizes internal resources for identified processes to ensure efficiency and consistency in execution.
- Participates in developing by attending courses, seminars, classes, and webinars to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Provides feedback and shares information at team meetings.
- Suggests business process improvements to gain efficiency within the role.
- Successful and effective working relationships with our client’s internal team (Leadership, Business Development, Account Managers Carrier Sales), their Clients and their Carriers.
- Associates Degree or 2 years equivalent in Customer Service field
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Availability to respond to client escalations after traditional work hours
- Problem solver, empathetic, process driven, and organized
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC