Our client is an exciting and fast growing North American Freight Broker and 3rd party logistics service provider. The company’s operations resides in the crossroads of America located in Indianapolis, IN with a domestic service record within 48 states and areas of Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
Customer Sales Representative- Logistics
Our client’s team of Customer Sales Representatives is the primary source of revenue generation for the organization. This role is empowered to sell our client’s services nationwide. They support all Customer Sales Representatives with training, technology and an experience leadership team.
- Sell our client’s freight brokerage transportation services.
- Identify, qualify and generate new business through research, analysis and discovery to achieve set goals.
- Effectively build, manage and maintain relationships, delivering extraordinary, personalized customer service.
- Interact with customers regularly, paying close attention to their specific needs, offering personalized solutions.
- Regularly collaborate and review sales activities and prospecting activates with leadership and customer sales team.
- Serve as a subject matter expert liaison between all parties able to translate and educate market changes/ challenges.
- Execute against goals which are in line with 1st year revenue projections.
- College graduate preferred; high-school diploma required.
- 2 to 3 years of transportation, freight brokerage or equivalent industry sales experience.
- Experience with McLeod TMS, LinkedIn and CRM applications.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Have a “hunter” mentality, unafraid of hearing “no” – fearless on the phone.
- Comfortable with prospecting, cold calling, closing over the phone or in person if need be.
- Self-starter that is highly motivated, competitive and results orientated.
- Able to grasp complex issues, draw conclusions and effectively solve difficult problems quickly and decisively.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced working environment.
- Effective negotiation and communication skills able to work together to achieve common goals.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and still meet / exceed goals and expectations.
- Personable with a positive outgoing personality able to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Responsible, dependable and able to build and maintain loyal, professional relationships.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times characterized by acceptance, cooperation and respect.
- Able to teach, coach and mentor other teammates; sharing knowledge and proven expertise with teammates.
- Coachable and comfortable with change.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.