Our client is a 3PL company with 9 offices nationwide. They are committed to helping their customers—multiple shippers and manufacturers in every industry— grow by facilitating the movement of their products, whether full truckload or LTL, and managing their supply chains. Their team gets the job done, whatever it takes.
Job Type: Full-time
Cradle to Grave Sales Executive
The ideal candidate for this role is highly motivated, goal-oriented and a strong communicator who can succeed in a fast-paced environment. This role will set and maintain high standards of service and reliability and will take pride in their contributions. As such, our client is committed to recruiting, training and retaining intelligent and tenacious individuals.
- Prospect and develop strong professional relationships—primarily via phone but also via e-mails and outside sales visits— in order to sell freight transportation brokerage services.
- Provide full cycle customer service from contract to delivery.
- Understand the customers’ shipping needs, negotiate rates, contract carriers/trucking companies in order to find the most efficient shipping option, provide order tracking and ultimately delivery confirmation.
- Manage multiple priorities and maintain the flow of business information with a sense of urgency.
- Contact customers on a daily basis to not only generate revenue, but maintain the relationship.
- Identify sales opportunities and close sales.
- Entrepreneurial sales approach (no set territories).
- Ability to conduct cold calling (70+ call per day until book of business is established).
- Aptitude and appreciation for selling in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and follow-through abilities.
- Strong work ethic with a team mentality.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.