Our client is a privately owned logistics provider that specializes in container handling and over the road trucking. The company provides cost savings, traffic mitigation, reductions in CO2 output, and additional operational service offerings to benefit shippers, trucking companies, and steamship lines. They customize strategic supply chain solution for each shipper. In addition to drayage and trucking, they offer warehousing, transload management, spotting operations, fumigation and USDA inspections, and dedicated truck fleets.
Cradle-to-Grave Freight Broker
This role is responsible for the complete sales process including
prospecting, lead generation, pricing and closing the business. This role is also responsible for drawing on unique competencies to demonstrate how their company can be beneficial to the customer. This role requires having the ability to analyze, create presentations with experience working with customer service, and managing the startup process after the sale. This highly motivated individual will grow new and existing business and have a proven ability to maximize relationships with carriers and customers utilizing personal contacts, networking, and negotiating to grow sustainable profitable business relationships. This role will also work to increase revenues and maximize profitability.
Job Type: Full-time
- Draw on unique competencies to demonstrate how the company’s offered services can be beneficial to the customer.
- Analyze and create presentations with experience working with customer service and manage the startup process after the sale.
- Grow new and existing business and have a proven ability to maximize relationships with carriers and customers utilizing personal contacts, networking and negotiating to grow sustainable profitable business relationships.
- Increase revenues and maximize profitability.
- Negotiate and secure carriers to move freight in a timely and cost-effective manner, while cultivating strong core carrier relationships.
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high quality freight movement process.
- Ensure that freight is picked up, transported and delivered on time to meet and/or exceed client’s expectations.
- Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns, or other issues as necessary.
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointment times; must have insight into all factors affecting timeframe (weather, traffic, miles, service rules, etc.).
- Maintain and update accurate information in the company’s operating system.
- Find trucking companies that physically move clients’ freight using the company’s proprietary technology.
- Minimum 2+ years of brokerage sales and operations experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of customer sales experience.
- Experience working with Intermodal or Drayage transportation.
- Verifiable growth track record.
- Pricing and margin integrity achieved through effective negotiation skills.
- Previous experience creating a carrier following and managing KPI’s (i.e. customer development, profitability, market penetration).
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
- Excellent communication (i.e. verbal, written, presentations) and follow-up skills.
- High energy, persistent, and results-driven.
- Team player mentality (operates through consensus).
This position offers a competitive base salary + commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC