City & State:
Madison Heights, MI
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Shared Services/Back Office (Assistant/HR/Recruiting/Legal)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a growing asset logistics based Transportation Company looking for a seasoned corporate trainer to restructure and build on our training program. Experience with creating documents, manuals, and other educational material is highly preferred. We are currently in the process of expanding and are looking for someone to develop and facilitate a modern-day training program, which encompasses both a classroom setting and on-the-job training.
- Collaborate with management to determine training needs.
- Promote a positive perception of the Company at all times both internally & externally.
- Prepare educational material, including training documents, manuals, e-learning modules, videos, exams, cheat sheets, etc.
- Schedule and facilitate all training sessions, including classroom seminars, workshops, and individual training sessions.
- Support and mentor new employees throughout the new hire process.
- Keep attendance and other training records as required.
- Manage training budget.
- Conduct evaluations to identify areas of improvement within the training program.
- Monitor employee performance and individuals’ responses to training.
- Help all employees to cultivate their skills and knowledge.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are achieved and maintained at all times, and are monitored and updated when and where necessary.
- Proven experience as a corporate trainer is REQUIRED.
- Completed management / trainee program is REQUIRED.
- Ability to organize, prioritize job duties, and manage time effectively is REQUIRED.
- Must have energy and possess a positive and ambitious attitude is REQUIRED.
- Established cross-departmental relationships is REQUIRED.
- Has authority to make decisions/delegate tasks is REQUIRED.
- Minimum 5-6 years of Corporate Training experience at a 3rd Party Logistics company
- Exceptional facilitation, presentation, and listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attentive to detail.
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning, and prioritization.
- Proven initiative, positive attitude, team-oriented, self-motivated and highly enthusiastic.
- Ability to manage to change tasks/projects simultaneously; meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Demonstrate professional and independent discretion and judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish rapport.
- Committed to excellence, has strong work ethics and takes pride in their work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support training program needs.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.