Our client is one of the top 3PL companies in the country and provides advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a national network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. All of their distribution centers blend a sophisticated radio-frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels.
Continuous Improvement Engineer - Warehousing and Distribution
This full-time position will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for designing and managing several key projects and initiatives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Methods development & optimization.
- Efficiency evaluation.
- Assess and oversee the installation of material handling equipment.
- Project design and management.
- Labor standards development.
- KPI development & measurement.
- Process improvement.
- Cost/ benefit analysis.
- Design and implement Lean warehousing techniques.
- Productivity improvement.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering.
- 5-7 years of engineering experience in a distribution center environment.
- Firm understanding of the relationship between labor management and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Knowledge of warehouse layout & design techniques.
- General knowledge of material handling challenges.
- Ability to design and execute time studies.
- General supply chain process familiarity including some manufacturing, inbound receiving, storage, retrieval (full pallets, case pick, layer pick), shipping, transportation, etc.
- Ability to travel with some frequency.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC