The Freight Broker will be responsible for the scouting and development of our client’s freight carrier and customer relationships. In addition, they will work closely with the Sales, Finance, and Operations teams to achieve company goals and provide an excellent end user experience.
Job type: Full-time/work from home
- Quote, negotiate prices, and oversee transportation services through prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, and closing deals in an open transactional selling environment.
- Grow business with current carriers in alignment with account growth strategy plans and market demands, as well as identifying, prospecting, and generating new leads through analysis and discovery.
- Develop short and long-term carrier solutions for prospective and current customers.
- Support existing customer sales and internal asset shipments.
- 2+ years of experience in Trucking, Logistics, Carrier-side development.
- Experience in a client or vendor facing role.
- Experience creating, expediting, and managing truckloads and shipments.
- Experience coordinating and communicating with freight carriers.
- Sufficient knowledge of all Microsoft Office products including: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as Load Boards and Transportation Management Systems.
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse supplier and customer base.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, cradle to grave, cradle-to-grave, C2G, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC