Our client is a premier Third-Party Logistics company (3PL) that provides personalized supply chain solutions with an asset-based dedicated fleet, warehousing and distribution services, and nationwide multi-modal freight brokerage. Founded in 1999, they operate daily throughout the U.S. and proudly offers unparalleled service backed by its strong family values and work ethic.
Job Type: Full-time
Chief People Officer - Logistics
Our client is looking for a highly experienced visionary, with ground-level abilities and desire, who can scale their existing functions and people-focus to align to their growth and overall mission. As a c-level integrated national capacity leader reporting directly to the President, this position will play a key role in the industrial organizational psychology within our client’s team-focus atmosphere and culture, while partnering with the other leaders in the business. This role will participate in the strategic planning and execution activities that set the blueprints for continued innovation and growth. The CPO will be a key driver of organization design and a unifying force to align structure, process, rewards, and talent with the strategy of the business. The ideal candidate will be highly strategic while also possessing the skills and passion to be ground level with our client’s team and operations.
Employee Engagement & Experience
- Serve as a culture champion.
- Lead the employee engagement and communication strategy among the brokerage division of our client’s 165+ employees.
- Help develop and lead our client’s vision of personal development and wellness for every employee.
- Use I-O psychological principles and research methods to solve problems in the workplace and improve the quality of life for each employee.
- Develop and lead a culture of feedback at all levels in the organization, and the corresponding strategies and tools.
- Develop leadership training and act as a natural coach and mentor to employees and other leaders.
- Provide additional leadership in attracting, recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining talent in the organization.
- Oversee the development and implementation of key strategic initiatives including onboarding new hires, pay for performance and compensation plans, organizational development and succession planning.
- Partner with the leadership team to ensure people practices meet strategic business objectives and our client’s mission and values.
- Develop, implement and administer people programs, practices and policies to support the business and promote a positive workplace environment and provide proactive leadership in effective communication, delivery and administration of these policies and programs.
- Deepen and standardize our client’s approach to performance culture, and build out corresponding assessment methodologies and mechanisms for measuring, maximizing, and recognizing performance.
- Promote people development initiatives and tools including performance improvement plans, management development, training and development, supervisor/leader training and resource requirement planning.
- Interface with corporate team in providing leadership and administration of employee benefits packages, including health care and 401k.
- Help develop and lead sustainability and community programs in promoting our client's positive environmental and community influence and employee engagement in such efforts.
Data & Transparency
- Help build and lead a strong metrics system resulting in evolved reporting, dashboards, and tracking channels to provide actionable insight and recommendations.
- Use data-driven decision-making to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, programs, and/or policies.
- Lead the assessment and potential implementation and integration of an HRIS system compliance & risk.
- Maintain knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws, and issues, and proactively manage internal and external HR risks.
- Serve as an ultimate subject matter expert and owner for people related compliance and situational HR leadership.
- Maintain company policies in accordance with corporate and leadership direction, best practices, applicable laws, and regulations.
- Interface with legal counsel when needed.
- Serve as an expert in both traditional aspects of human resources, along with the human centered aspects of the profession, including organizational development, performance culture, diversity and inclusion, and personnel development and work with both discipline and flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, required. Degree(s) in Industrial Organizational Psychology a plus.
- 8+ years of progressive HR/Culture related leadership experience within a growing, fast paced organization.
- Transportation industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record of employee engagement programs focused on recruitment, retention, and participation to increase performance across an organization.
- Must truly be a natural mentor with the ability to build trust and cultivate strong relationships at all layers of an organization. Must have the ability to mesh seamlessly with senior leadership and act as a strategic advisor, moving the culture of an organization to align more deeply with its mission.
- Possess a deep desire to build a culture that is truly special.
- Proven ability to consistently contribute in an extremely high-paced, changing industry and work environment, as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently.
- Experience managing a budget and monthly financial statements.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Suite.
- A strong sense of trust and integrity.
- Truly understand team dynamics.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, HR, human resources, talent acquisition, recruiter, administration, onboarding, training, coaching, development, job descriptions, recruiting, payroll, policies, procedures, personnel-related, disciplinary, termination, employment, employee review, reference, background check, offer letters, employee relations, performance review, compensation, public inquiries, goal attainment, staffing, grievances