Our client is a rapidly growing, Minnesota based company providing transportation services and logistics solutions to market leading customers nationwide. They specialize in Full Service Logistics focusing on Temp Controlled Truckload (TL) and LTL, Dry Van, Warehousing and Cross-docking. Their focus is exceptional customer service, integrated logistics technology, and a strong passion for providing the most comprehensive options for customers. Internally, they pride themselves on a culture and environment that is challenging, supportive, fast paced, and fun!
Carrier Team Lead:
The Carrier Team Lead will be responsible for coordinating the successful movement of loads.
Job Type: Full-time
- Strategically match available transportation provider equipment to available customer loads.
- Track all booked loads from the point the transportation provider is contracted through final delivery of the load.
- Manage transportation provider issues and resolve transportation provider operational problems including unplanned accessorial charges and accounting discrepancies.
- Negotiate rates with transportation providers to obtain the best possible rate in the marketplace for each load moved.
- Serve as the liaison between the transportation provider and customers.
- Prospect transportation providers to further develop the carrier base.
- Collect and document all available equipment from transportation providers.
- Document all preferred lanes and services offered by transportation providers.
- Step in as acting carrier manager when necessary.
- Serve as the lead for team activities.
- Work alongside the carrier manager on SOPs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or transportation field is preferred.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Team-oriented player.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines.
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have high energy and high activity level
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload