Our client is a Google Ventures funded startup in San Diego using some serious tech to completely blow-up and redesign the logistics industry in North America...and then the World! Through their web and mobile apps, cutting edge logistics, and the purchasing power of thousands of businesses across the country, they offer shippers the highest-quality way to move less-than-truckload shipments at highly competitive rates. They aim to fundamentally change the $60B LTL freight industry across North America.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Sales Representative (Remote)
As a member of the team, you’ll report directly to the Carrier Sales Manager and take ownership over building relationships with our client’s network of carriers. You will work with these carriers to move customers' freight in multi-stop truckloads, optimized by technology. Your primary goal will be to fulfill shipments from a variety of revenue streams and assure they get from their origin to destination in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service to our internal teams and external customers. As with most startups, however, you’ll get to wear different hats and be a big part of helping our client build their business. They’re looking for a driven, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-improving, team start-up environment!
- Build relationships with truckload carrier partners.
- Actively engage new and existing carriers for fulfillment execution on shipments.
- Proactively track partial and truckload shipments ensuring timely pickup and delivery.
- Negotiate rates for each shipment.
- Notify appropriate parties when there are any delays as they relate to shipments.
- Internally support the sales teams by answering operational and consultative questions.
- Create and improve internal documentation to ensure SOPs are up to date.
- Scope of responsibilities for this position may not be limited to those listed above.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of freight industry experience.
- LTL/partial experience is a plus.
- Enjoy building relationships and engaging with a wide variety of people internally and externally.
- Be comfortable confidently negotiating rates.
- Have the desire to join a fast paced, early-stage startup.
- Swiftly adapt to and thrive in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Proactively find innovative and unique solutions to problems.
- Provide excellent and timely service to our customers.
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail.
- Learn new software tools quickly.
- Has a basic understanding of logistics terminology and some pricing knowledge.
- Not afraid to negotiate on the phone.
- Be able to multitask.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload