Our client is a non-asset based logistics provider, headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. Our client grew by using its own fleet and outside carriers to meet and exceed their customers' service expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Operations Manager
This individual will be responsible for providing leadership towards the achievement of team and company objectives, while maintaining alignment with company vision and enterprise objectives. In addition, will work closely with sales/customer teams, internal operations, and support teams to resolve supply chain issues, strategic solution design, growth plan, and data reporting. Also, will drive performance of carrier procurement team to move customer freight quick and efficiently through relationship building with outside carriers for the highest margin possible.
- Coaches and leads a team to develop, build and strengthen carrier network through existing and new carrier relationships.
- Leads analysis in areas such as pricing/negotiating of contract bids, and areas/lanes of interest, in order to win customer business.
- Collaborates with the management team to identify, define, and implement carrier support to accommodate current state of service and new customer onboarding, to include analyzing entire business portfolio to create optimal mix of efficiency, reliability, and profitability from our supplier base.
- Establishes and leads carrier performance tracking and carrier review process improvements, to include regularly coordinating carrier quarterly reviews to hold carriers accountable.
- Reports business performance to leadership as needed to identify and control gaps in solution-based service offering to our customer base.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution, and distributes information as needed. Develops corrective action plans for risk associated with market and unforeseen supplier changes.
- Drives adoption of technological enhancements and aligns business processes to maximize efficiencies.
- Provides direct and indirect reports with coaching, development, tools, resources, information, and overall support to meet individual and company goals.
- Assists and actively participates with training, education, and standardization of carrier program and processes.
- Supports weekend requirements.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Education: 4-year degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of industry specific experience with logistics/carrier procurement preferred.
- Driven, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and results focused.
- Proven action-oriented leadership ability to achieve results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including persuasion and negotiation.
- Commitment to executional excellence and outstanding customer service.
- Strong time management skills to balance new customer hunting while supporting existing accounts.
- Ability to work independently, and in a team, in a deadline-driven office environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR