For years our client has been a part of the leading edge of logistics solutions. Working across the lower 48 states, Canada, and Mexico, their team specializes in van, flatbed, rail intermodal, heavy haul, specialized loads, and hazmat.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Account Manager
This role will gain a wide range of access and is expected to provide outstanding customer service, daily tracking and tracing of shipments and support collaboration within the team to both vet and verify daily carrier capacity. In addition, this role will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and securing carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitate lane pricing, network optimization and order feasibility.
- Prioritize, schedule and arrange pickups.
- Maintain sales information and analysis to ensure accurate billing and settlement(s).
- Load assignment, planning, driver dispatching, freight tracking and tracing and delivery verification.
- Assist sales group with daily sales goals to be verified with KPIs.
- Support post-delivery / pre-billing audit validation.
- Provide customers with updates on details of transactions in accordance with SOPs, monitor and manage shipments until completion.
- Negotiate and secure carriers to move freight in a timely and cost-effective manner, while cultivating strong core carrier relationships.
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high quality freight movement process.
- Ensure that freight is picked up, transported and delivered on time to meet and/or exceed client’s expectations.
- Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns, or other issues as necessary.
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointment times; must have insight into all factors affecting timeframe (weather, traffic, miles, service rules, etc.).
- Maintain and update accurate information in the company’s operating system.
- Find trucking companies that physically move clients’ freight using the company’s proprietary technology.
- Conduct cold calling and research available databases for potential leads.
- Track back-end billing and invoicing to ensure that carrier charges are accurate.
- Maintain awareness of operations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in the logistics industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience with customer sales and service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized & excels in a fast paced, data driven environment.
- Strong data and analytical and reasoning skills.
- Experience with McLeod or a TMS, Excel, Tableau.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Be a strong decision-maker.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR